Believe us, we know - deciding to buy a house can feel like an overwhelming process. Where do you start? How do you start? How long will it take?
The good news is you don’t have to go through the process alone. At The Rubio Group, we’re committed to making the process as simple as possible for you, while maximizing your value. So, what are the steps?
1. Preparation: Before you find your dream home, it’s good to get an idea of what you are able to afford. In addition to some good-old-fashioned research on homes, another simple step here is to get a pre-qualification from a bank. A pre-qualification doesn’t mean you will receive a mortgage, but it will give you an idea of what you can afford.
2. Finding the right agent: Of course we’re mentioning this step! Having the right agent is extremely crucial to helping you make the best decision and finding the right deal for one of the largest investments of your life. At The Rubio Group, we take the time to get to know you and what you’re looking for. What kind of neighborhood are you interested in? What are the most important features to you? You can rest easy knowing we have your best interests at heart and will go the extra mile to ensure your happiness.
3. Loan pre-approval: Here’s a turning point in your search for the perfect home. Receiving a pre-approval for a loan means you are serious and committed about owning a home. A pre-qualification (step 1) goes a long way in helping with this stage to speed the process along. Pro tip: If you’re concerned about your credit score, make sure to set a 14 day window to compare rates from lenders as this will only count as one check from credit bureaus.
4. Searching for the perfect home: Drawing on your research from step 1, here you continue your search to find your home. This process could take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months or more. Don’t worry, The Rubio Group is here to guide you. We will put a plan in place to make sure to maximize your time and align with your goals.
5. Make an offer: We’ve found your perfect dream home, and now it’s time to make an offer. The Rubio Group is committed to finding you the best deal and helping negotiate a fair outcome. We’ll help you with any counter offers to minimize the chance of someone else stepping in with a different offer.
6. Final mortgage approval: Inspection and appraisal: We’ve made an offer and the seller has accepted. Now it’s time to speak again with the lender to ensure we can receive the mortgage. After all, a pre-approval for a loan does not always mean mortgage approval. The lender will want an independent inspection of the house to make sure everything is in the condition stated. In addition, you will need to receive an appraisal of the home. This is an important step because the appraisal needs to match up with the loan you are asking for, otherwise you may have to renegotiate the contract. Don’t sweat it! The Rubio Group will stick with you to make this as smooth a process as possible.
7. Title insurance and homeowners insurance: Just as with a car, a large investment such as a home requires some insurance. Companies may already have the comparable rates available for you to review, and the insurance company may have to send someone to do an inspection of the home. This is all standard procedure.
8. Final walk-through and closing on the house: The purpose of the final walk-through, which usually only takes an hour, is to make sure the home is in the same condition as when you saw it and if any repairs that were supposed to be finished are. If everything is as agreed upon, we can finally sign the paperwork and close on your new home!
Are you ready? We are! Let’s start with step 1. Head over to our home page, www.therubiogroup.com, to start comparing homes - we have a large database of available properties. Don’t worry, you won’t receive any pressure from us, only friendly assistance. We can’t wait to meet you!